Number of literature sources whenever writing thesis, dissertation or diploma
One of many initial phases of composing a significant medical paper is collecting product when it comes to very first chapter regarding the paper.
The significance of gathering literary works
The significance of gathering quality literary works cannot be overemphasized: having good literature, you can easily compose a great review, having made the mandatory efforts and spending plenty of time because of this; devoid of chosen qualitative literature, it really is impractical to write a qualitative review that is literary.
The assortment of literature is considered the most stage that is important the utilization of a literary study, that is equal in its significance to 1 / 2 of all work. Nonetheless, unlike the writing of an evaluation, which calls for lots of time, the primary work with the number of literature, as being a rule, can be executed in a time that is shortened.
This is especially true for foreign or perhaps maybe not local graduate pupils and doctoral students that do not have the chance to stay static in uni area for a long time. The after algorithm of action, developed on the basis of training connection with significantly more than 1000 reviews of literary works on different medical specialties, will help to minimize enough time of the area of the work without losing the caliber of its performance.
Algorithm for searching and further elaborating domestic and literature that is foreign
The algorithm for looking and further elaborating domestic and international literature differs, therefore we will start thinking about them separately.
Just What literary works do I need to choose – domestic or foreign? There are no requirements regarding the ratio of foreign and domestic sources in the literature review. This issue is decided individually based on the actual literature on the topic in each specific case. Nonetheless, it must be noted that in the present time, foreign literary works is increasingly being used being a foundation for reviews of literature on medical subjects. You can find reviews which are a lot more than 95% written on foreign literary works, quite often such active usage of international literature may be the only way to create a review that is qualitative. There are many good reasons for this:
- In several aspects of technology, international researchers have gone much further ahead in comparison to domestic ones, often because of the material that is best and technical base and better company (or simpler to say “Management”) associated with research process. Often as it happens that a significant amount of works have already been published right on the topic of the dissertation abroad. Obviously, foreign research often becomes a supply of some ideas whenever planning domestic dissertational research, which will be an extra cause for a detail by detail study of international experience.
- The degree of methodological utilization of Western research is quite high, namely:
- foreign works try not to include unneeded information;
- they contain exhaustive answers to all relevant concerns that will arise when they’re read;
- both articles and abstracts are obviously structured, so that they are really easy to make use of.
- International literature, unlike domestic literature, is hardly ever cited by regional experts in scientific works, which simplifies the dilemma of stylistic processing of this text and plagiarism.
On the other hand, it will be an omission never to take into account domestic research in the field of the subject of the dissertation or thesis, especially since some theses are carried away inside the framework for the concept manufactured by any school that is scientific.